The module communicates with HFC network transponders via its RF modem, maintains a list of transponder statuses, manages the data link and provides connectivity between element/network management system and transponders.
- RF modem compatible with SCTE 25-1 (HMS005)
- Receive level measurement and ALC functionality
- Intelligent HFC polling enhances data throughput
- Front and rear panel 10/100Base-T Ethernet ports
- HDO bus connection for local configuration
- LED indicators for LAN, module and modem statuses
- Linux architecture with remote software update
- Transponder IP addresses can be assigned remotely
- Manages up to 500 transponders
Available software versions:
The software versions are interchangeable in the field.
- HDM100 T uses Teleste CATVisor protocol for modem communication and can be used with all Teleste transponders supporting CATVisor protocol.
- HDM100 T cluster mode: Return path segmentation can be accomplished by combining multiple HDM100 T units to a cluster with one HDM100 acting as master with both its transmitter and receiver enabled, and 1…8 HDM100 T units acting as slaves with only their receiver enabled.
- HDM100 H uses SCTE HMS protocol for modem communication and can be used with all Teleste transponders supporting HMS protocol, and also with 3rd party transponders conforming to HMS standards.