The BarrIER® technology is a groundbreaking, innovative integrated mechanism that operates from 5MHz-2400MHz and helps prevent ingress and egress problems. When connected, BarrIER® products perform like normal F-type or IEC connectors. When disconnected, BarrIER® products automatically create up to 40dB of RF screening on open connectors. Their unique, patented mechanism also prevents loose connectors from occurring.
BarrIER® offers a permanent solution to the in-home ingress issues for CATV operators making the network quality independent from consumer behaviour:
- Closes the last problem area for CATV operators struggling to maintain network performance.
- Incrementally frees up previously unusable frequency spectrum, as BarrIER® is deployed by improving network CNR
- Greatly reduces truck rolls, by closing gaps in the in-home network.
- Enables CATV operators to disconnect customers without exposing the network to ingress and egress, putting the operator back in control.
- It allows the operator to develop self-install solutions, as there is no need to perform hard disconnects, solving the churn issue
- Reduces greatly the impact of LTE/4G services that are being launched in the CATV band.
Intensive testing has been done on all BarrIER® products, including tests on their ability to prevent 4G/LTE interference. The testing shows that BarrIER® technology can provide a permanent solution for the in-home ingress issues for CATV operators. Read here more about blocking the ingress/egress flood from our blog.