What is Intelligent Home?
Teleste Intelligent Home is a tool for operators and network service providers to offer new home automation and security services to consumers. The platform makes it possible for operators to offer a wide variety of Smart Home services as an extension of their existing service portfolio.
The platform gives end-users control and management over all smart devices in their home, and provides them with the means to monitor and manage everything from energy consumption to home access and entertainment.
Why Intelligent Home?
Consumer demand for home security and automation services will increase heavily in the coming years. With their existing network infrastructure and service systems, broadband operators are in pole position to meet the demand and offer mass-market solutions for creating and controlling the automated and interactive home environment.
For operators, the platform creates opportunities to utilize existing network infrastructure and service systems to expand their service portfolios, which can result in reducing churn as well as potential ARPU gains. Additional services help operators improve their service experience, boost sales and maximize revenue without increasing the price of existing services for the individual user.
Unique solution to optimize end-user privacy
Many recent studies show that consumers are interested in different Smart Home services but concerned about privacy and security issues. Teleste has developed a unique solution that optimizes end-user privacy and keeps smart homes protected from unauthorized parties. The solution allows end-users fully control who is able to receive data from their smart home system as well as when and to which home devices they can connect.
The following features are included:
- End-to-end encryption of data; the solution gives uninterrupted protection to the data traveling between devices that are connected in the same smart home system. In practise, this means that no unauthorized parties can access, e.g., video streams while they are being sent for watching from a home security camera to the subscriber’s smart phone, tablet or PC.
- Full control of third-party access; subscribers can grant selected users access to their smart home systems. A third-party user such as a security guard can be authorized to access the system e.g. when there is no-one at home, only on alarm, only during specific time frame or only to a specific home device.
- Auditing the users; whenever a user signs in to the system, a trail is left of who has accessed as well as when and what actions they have taken in the system. This lets the service subscriber keep track of which actions the other users have taken, and control that the usage of data stays stricktly within their argeement.
Flexible options for data storage
The platform allows operator to flexibly choose whether to store the system data on the operator's own server, supply storage space on cloud, or use combination of both. Utilizing both external and internal data storages allows operators to expand their system cost-efficiently in line with the needs of the service subscribers.
Different services to different subscribers
Due to its modular and flexible application structure, Teleste Intelligent Home makes it possible to offer different services to different subscribers.
Customers can choose services from several categories:
- Energy management for monitoring and controlling energy consumption in customers' home
- Home automation for connecting, adjusting and controlling to smart home devices
- Home security for connecting to physical sensors and video cameras that keep customer's family and home safe and secure, including possibility to store recorded video streams
- Remote healthcare for interaction between the monitored customer and their support network to ensure their daily safety and comfort