Lahti is best known for its annually held World Cup winter games, the Lahti Ski Games (Salpausselän kisat). The ski jumping events of Lahti Ski Games are part of the Nordic Tournament. The city endeavors for achievements in sport, which has led to such things as the hosting of a World Games event. As of 2010, it is the only city to host the FIS Nordic World Ski Championships six times, doing so in 1926, 1938, 1958, 1978, 1989, and 2001. Lahti will also host the 2017 Nordic skiing world championships.
The City of Lahti has one centralized video security system for multiple City organizations. The video security system has been built using Teleste S-VMX. The Teleste S-VMX system provides video surveillance for schools, kindergartens, hospital, health centers, sports facilities, museums as well as the center of the city. The system was taken into use 2011.
- To create a system with advanced access and user rights in order to guarantee that the right users can view the right cameras and only the right cameras in both live-viewing and recordings.
- To guarantee a future proof system for existing (analog/IP-cameras) and future cameras.
- To guarantee possibility to scale the system to over 2000 cameras.
Teleste delivered a complete video security solution to the City of Lahti. The CCTV solution is designed to utilize both Teleste’s S-VMX video management products and its MPX edge devices.
The project has been carried out as part of a cooperation between multiple organizations of the City of Lahti, Teleste and Suomen Teleturva Oy. Suomen Teleturva Oy has been Teleste’s partner in providing local HW support and installation for the Teleste S-VMX video surveillance system for the City of Lahti in order to provide rapid reaction times for the end customer. As of today, the City of Lahti CCTV system contains approximately 700 cameras.
The solution includes the following components:
S-VMX Video Management System with
- Servers for managing the video system
- Local NVRs at the edges for distributed video recording (for narrow bandwidth or high camera count premises)
- Centralized NVRs for central video recording (for high bandwidth or low camera count premises)
- Web GUI for live and recording viewing.
- Encoders for analog cameras
- Media converters
- Edge camera switches.
- IP-cameras from Sanyo and Sony.
Teleste has delivered the following equipment:
- S-VMX Servers
- S-VMX NVRs
- S-VMX Web Clients
- MPX series encoders
- 3rd party switches and media converters from various vendors
- IP cameras from Sanyo and Sony.
- Very easy to use Video Management System
- Web Client with full map support and customized views for different types of users
- Advanced user rights to protect against unauthorized use and different city organizations are only allowed to see their own cameras unless separately agreed on.