This year, at SCTE·ISBE Cable-Tec Expo®, we brought forward our Intelligent Networks technology and network products which ensure high-capacity broadband services with increased service uptime and reduced operational costs. You were also be able to learn more about our video transmission solutions as well as our business broadband solution for Hospitality and MDU segments.
Why choose the Intelligent Networks technology?
Our Intelligent Networks technology has been designed to help operators reduce network operating costs and increase operational efficiency. By means of automated adjustments, self-configuration and remote management the technology can be used to increase service uptime, improve customer satisfaction and cut down manual maintenance work.
In addition to being state-of-the-art HFC and Remote PHY devices, intelligent network devices act as 24/7 probes in the cable television network. They constantly measure the quality of the signal that goes through them, produce information about their own status and even self-adjust accordingly.
For operators, the monetary and business benefits of Intelligent Networks are significant, as the technology can help them achieve:
- 60% fewer truck rolls
- 30% less tickets and calls to help desk
- Up to 20% reduction in power consumption
- 100% less seasonal maintenance visits
- Higher network uptime and considerable savings in time and money
The technology and its benefits were introduced in more detail at our booth #2741.
Make Sense, our power-saving innovation successul in the Adaptive Power Challenge!
Organized by SCTE∙ISBE, Liberty Global and Comcast, the Adaptive Power Challenge called out for innovations to solve the cable industry’s growing energy challenges. We are proud to announce that our are thrilled to be solution, Make Sense, was selected as a winner in the challenge at the Cable-Tec Expo! Read our press release to find out more. On the Adaptive Power Challenge website, you can read in detail how the solution helps operators achieve up to 20% reduction in the total network energy consumption.
Launching full-duplex capability to the ICON9000 Remote PHY ready node
Our intelligent, connected node ICON9000 becomes full-dublex-capable! Designed for smooth transition to Remote PHY networks, the node will offer operators excellent capacity enforced with the Intelligent Networks technology.
We demonstrated the ICON9000 together with our CATVisor Argus management software designed especially for intelligent HFC network management. The trade show visitors were able to see how Intelligent Network management works in real life, and how easy it is to control and adjust the node’s operation!
Other Teleste products on display at the show
- Teleste Luminato headend: Designed for advanced live content processing, the Luminato headend platform enables Broadcast-quality video transmission over cable television networks and cost-effective content delivery for the hospitality sectors.
- DAH mini-CMTS: Designed for the needs of business broadband and hospitality sectors, Teleste’s DOCSIS Access Hub, DAH, offers a cost-effective option for extending IP networks inside apartment buildings and hotels by utilizing existing coaxial cabling.
- E3 amplifier: Very compact and yet intelligent distribution amplifier offering high output level and wide gain range, both helpful when networks take the next step and become DOCSIS 3.1 compliant.
- ACE8 node: Designed for flexible, future-proof network installations, the ACE8 offers service providers cost-efficient access to high transmission capacity. It features the Intelligent Network technology in a compact, sleek design.
Teleste Intercept - A Teleste Antronix joint venture
Teleste Intercept has been established to offer Next Generation Gigabit cable access solutions from both Teleste and Antronix to the North American cable broadband markets. It's portfolio includes RF optical transmission from headend to home, distributed CCAP architecture nodes, fibre-to-the-tap eHFC solution, and broadband solutions for hospitality and MDU markets.
Find out more on Teleste Intercept's website!