Answers to audience questions presented during the webinar are available on the Teleste Hub blog.
Also, check out Teleste's Slideshare channel for the webinar presentations:
- Technology at the cutting edge of broadcasting, Attila Pester
- LInear TV and distributed access, Julius Tikkanen
- Linear TV channels in an on-demand world, Tim Westcott, Omdia
In case you missed the webinar or wish to recollect, you can watch it on-demand through Digital TV Europe.
Video delivery in 2020's - What to consider regarding consumer expectations and video delivery technologies?
With distributed access architecture coming around the corner and cord cutting becoming increasingly topical, operators are today faced with a "million-dollar" question: How to ensure that you are still the customers' number one choice when it comes to high quality video delivery?
In our free #TelesteLive webinar, we delved into the ongoing technology transformation to find out what it means for operators from the point of view of video headend technologies as well as consumers' service expectations.
Led by Stuart Thomson from Digital TV Europe, our speakers introduced you to the current video delivery landscape and provided insight into questions such as:
How to ensure smooth services today as well as in distributed access networks?
- Distributed access architecture brings along new requirements for video delivery but the industry-wide adaptation of the technology is still waiting for take-off. However, many traditional video headend manufacturers have anticipated the transition and already ramp down offering of video headend products.
- Resulting from the traditional broadcast and DOCSIS division, there are also rivalling opinions in the air on how video delivery over distributed access should actually be carried out in practice.
- The challenge for operators is how and when to upgrade their video headend infrastructure, as the feature requirements set by DAA to video headend solutions is still somewhat unclear although ramp down of existing systems requires prompt decisions.
What are consumers expecting and how to keep up with the changing demand? Do linear TV channels have a future?
- Walt Disney is closing its linear channels as it rolls out its D2C service Disney+ around the world, and Netflix says we are now in the era of internet TV. So do linear TV channels have any place in an increasingly on demand world?
- Despite the growing popularity of OTT, linear TV still holds a significant share of consumers’ free time. As long as there are hundreds of millions of homes with receivers, there will be a need for linear TV broadcasting and video headend technologies to drive it. How can operators ensure high service quality for their linear TV customers today, and even after the shift to distributed access networks?
- Agile solutions will be needed to keep up the diversifying consumer demand while navigating in the midst of the transforming technologies. How can operators stay relevant and deliver top quality video services today, while being fully prepared for the future?
Julius Tikkanen, Vice President, Video Service Platforms, Teleste
Attila Pester, Sales Director, Teleste
Tim Westcott, Senior Research Manager | Channels, Programming & Advertising, Omdia
Stuart Thomson, Editor, Digital TV Europe
We hope that you found the webinar useful and interesting! Please join us again in the upcoming #TelesteLive events!