Designed for a unified road ecosystem
Our video and information management solutions cover all elements related to road transportation and traffic. Fit for monitoring of roads, motorways, bridges, ports, terminals and logistics centres, they help road operators improve safety across their regional and nationwide road networks. Also the police, fire and rescue services are tightly linked with the road ecosystem.
In addition to the powerful video core, our solutions offer a rich selection of smart features and functionalities that allow road control room to monitor and manage road traffic and situations in real time. They also allow interconnecting an unlimited number of subsystems and applications even from third parties under the same umbrella system. To get a real-time view of the entire system, the control room can, for example, bring alarms, recordings and connection status information to the same management interface. In addition, sharing of information between stakeholders and to radio and TV channels or online traffic services is enabled without compromising network and system security.
The modular solution structure guarantees that the system will evolve alongside the changing security needs and requirements. In addition, the integration of all system components is efficient and reliable, which results in the lower cost of ownership.
Our highlights for the market include:
- S-VMX — our smart and scalable solution for video surveillance and information management
- S-AWARE® — a newly launched platform for improving situational awareness, operational control and safety in public places
Our solutions allow public security systems to scale and evolve alongside our customers' changing needs. In addition to the powerful video management features, we provide powerful tools to improve operational effectivity and responsiveness well beyond traditional video surveillance systems by adding intelligent features and functionalities to analyse and aggregate data and recongnise events.
Improving operational efficiency
Our solutions offer road operators and authorities several types of video surveillance equipment, subsystems and applications that meet even the highest requirements. They enable:
- Better situational awareness and faster and better reaction to incidents
- Allocation of the necessary resources for each situation
- Tools for crime prevention and collecting evidential material
- Multi-user and multi-surveillance centre support
- Extensive cybersecurity and communication encryption guaranteed by the best cryptographic technologies
- Higher reliability and system availability via system redundancy, continuous recording of video footage, diagnostic tools, alarms and visual information about service outages
- Better co-operation between stakeholders via sharing video between stakeholders without compromising network, system and data security. Tablets, smartphones and laptops can connect to the central video management system using a fully built-in secured connection over public or private networks.
- Support for a wide range of CCTV and other equipment
Proactive approach to road safety
Traditionally, road video surveillance systems have been utilised for traffic control and law enforcement purposes. Providing evidential information and enabling investigators to place vehicles at a specific time and location is powered by high-quality video footage and capability to offload incidents and videos of interest to permanent storage for further inspection.
However, our modern video and information management solutions also allow operators and authorities to take a proactive approach to road security.
For example, under difficult driving conditions such as flooded or snowy roads, the system can help sharpen decision-making on maintenance and speed limits as well as remotely controllable traffic signs and signals. It can also improve responsiveness of the fire and rescue services by enabling traffic control room to, e.g., control stoplights, deliver emergency signals and give priority to emergency vehicles to assist in operations.
In addition, combining video to other types of information makes it possible to increase understanding of the causes of accidents and helps safety researchers and authorities plan how to prevent similar events in future.
Robust solution meeting the industrial standards
Our road solutions are based on open architecture and the use of industrial standards. The combination of the well-defined functionality of the system modules and open interfaces provides a solid base for a robust and reliable, future-proof road ecosystem.