Record-breaking data throughput by recent multi-gigabit wireless link
To solve the challenge of mobile data explosion, Teleste has introduced multi-gigabit wireless full-duplex data transfer technology that takes different wireless applications, such as wireless offload, inter-carriage links and ground-to-train transmissions to a new level.
Wireless offload for transmission of mobile recordings
Our patent-pending wireless offload technology ensures the fast and reliable transmission of recorded content between on-board and stations. It features:
- 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi connectivity, as well as a robust design that is especially suited to rail environments
- Verified and validated offload of recorded data with superior error tolerance
- Superior performance capacity for transmitting, e.g., full HD video
- Scalable and modular architecture that can easily be tailored to customer-specific requirements
- All-in-one or stand-alone solutions that are fit for both renovations and new builds
Different options for transmitting recorded content:
- Automated offload when the train/tram/metro stops at the station: The offload starts automatically when the rail car stops at a station, and data is transmitted as long as the wireless network is available.
- Cognitive offload while in rail car depots: The technology allows cognitive offload at depots, where all rail cars can offload simultaneously through a local wireless network built especially for wireless offload.
- Offline offload is a novel concept that allows cost-efficient offload without existing wireless infrastructure outside the vehicles. It is based on delay tolerant network architecture where offload data is delivered from vehicles to the ground system via train staff and/or passenger devices.
- On-demand offload allows offloading selected on-board content. It can be triggered manually or by events in the video management system.
Our inter-carriage link technology is designed to offer a reliable and fast wireless link between railcars. It is ideal especially for refurbishment cases and eliminates the burden of decoupling and re-coupling of cables. The deployment of multi-gigabit wireless inter-carriage link transforms the whole train into a high speed data network.
Our wireless high-speed train-to-ground transmission technology allows implementation of versatile applications and transfer of any high-capacity data, such as multimedia on-the-go.
Live camera view with 24/7 access
To guarantee complete situational awareness and optimise the safety and security of passengers and operations, rail operators need real-time data monitoring and access to the on-board video recording system. As part of its video management system, Teleste offers a wireless link that enables sufficient wireless access even to fast moving trains and allows live view of the on-board scenes helping rail personnel to define possible threads and react quickly, e.g., in case of emergency and other incidents that require immediate action.
Passenger wi-fi, entertainment and infotainment services
Today, travellers around the world are expecting the same level of connectivity both at home and on the go, and passenger wi-fi has also become a commodity in the rail industry. Services like entertainment and infotainment are attracting passengers especially in the long haul trains. To help enhance their passengers’ travelling experience, Teleste offers rail operators a wide range of scalable and robust solutions that enable the delivery of timely information, as well as value-adding services, including on-board w-ifi and live entertainment.
Passenger information, diagnostics and other operative information
To achieve complete integration between on-board and station systems, Teleste also offers different wireless technologies to transfer different passenger information, diagnostics and any operational information between stations and trains. The complete integration enables several automatic features that increase the cost-efficiency of the system and reduce manual maintenance work, including the automatic detection of faults and trains, the configuration and modification of on-board parameters, the acquisition of train history, as well as services, such as automatic announcements.