We believe that our solutions have an important role in building sustainable future. Our technologies enable ultra-fast and reliable broadband networks leading to high connectivity that allows for example less business travel and more remote work. Similarly, our information and video security solutions enable smart, safe, and smooth mobility especially in the urban environment and encourage the use of public transport.
R&D, operations, logistics and sourcing
- Our goal is to cut products’ energy consumption and/or increase products’ energy efficiency.
- We continuously improve product reliability, durability and serviceability to lengthen product life cycle.
- We aim for easy dismantling and recyclability of the product and prefer recycled raw materials.
- We avoid the use of single use plastic in our products and packages.
- Plastic, metal and cardboard used in our products and packages are recyclable.
- Materials used in our products and manufacturing are evaluated to avoid and phase-out the use of substances of very high concern (SVHC).
- We strive to ensure that sourced materials come from ethically and environmentally responsible sources.
- We aim for efficient and sustainable use of water, energy and materials in all operations.
- Design for logistics practices are used for optimizing product packing and packing on pallets and is thus increasing transportation efficiency
- Carbon footprint is reduced by prioritizing rail and sea transport over air cargo and by consolidating shipments when possible.
Social responsibility and corporate governance
- Our values, high ethics and respectable behavior guide the way we conduct business.
- We respect and commit to internationally recognised human right standards and we do not tolerate in any context the use of forced labour, human trafficking or child labour.
- We do not accept any form of discrimination, harassment or other offensive or inappropriate behavior.
- We provide a safe and healthy working environment and we promote diverse and equal workplace.
- The Teleste Spirit and company culture encourage employees’ competence and passion
- We encourage social dialogue, negotiation, consultation and exchange of information with employees and employee representatives.
- We believe that well-being at work arises from interesting assignments, , good atmosphere, teamwork, high-quality leadership, and a balance between work and leisure.
- We believe that every Telestian has the right to excellent leadership and we support employee’s growth and development.
In the spotlight
Walking the talk of sustainability at Teleste
We see heightened interest and expectations towards environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors and wholeheartedly welcome this shift towards more sustainable business practices. In this blog Teleste’s Senior Vice President, R&D, Pasi Järvenpää discusses the sustainability principles steering our R&D.
Teleste has been awarded with the silver medal in the ECOVADIS business sustainability rating. The rating evaluates and provides feedback for future development in labour and human rights, ethics, sustainable procurement and the environment. With 62/100 points, we belong in to the top 14% of the companies in our reference group.