Connected Zone® as a part of the LuxTurrim5G ecosystem
In the Kera area in Espoo, Finland, Teleste has built three Connected Zone® bus stops as part of the LuxTurrim5G+ test environment. LuxTurrim5G is a Nokia Bell Labs driven ecosystem project developing and demonstrating fast 5G network based on smart light poles with integrated antennas, base stations, sensors, screens and other devices. This joint project opens new digital services and business opportunities for a real smart city.
In recent years, public demand for increased safety and security in public environments has increased. A general sense of lack of safety, badly lit places both inside and outside the city, as well as the need to quickly sound an emergency alarm if something happens are some of the reasons why the demands have been raised.
Teleste’s a novel security concept, Connected Zone®, has been designed to address the need utilising real-time information – one of the most important factors for feeling safe and secure according to research.
Connected Zone® is a concept that enhances security and safety in public environments. The innovative bus stop is equipped with technical solutions that make it possible to quickly send an alarm in or near the bus shelter if an emergency situation occurs. Via two-way digital displays, system security operators can communicate with the bus shelter in a unique way to inform people and prevent dangerous situations. The concept is being developed in Finland as a part of LuxTurrim5G, a Nokia Bell Labs driven ecosystem project.
Advantages of Connected Zone®:
- Increases safety and security
- A fast way to send an alarm when needed
- Smart monitors make it possible to communicate directly with security operators after an emergency alarm
- The C Alarm® application shows the way to the nearest Connected Zone via Google WayFinder
- In case of possible threats user of the service can enable the application for special surveillance
- The central system facilitates overview and safety measures in case of major disturbances
- Easy registration via the C Alarm® application
Connected Zone® applications and future scenarios:
- Bus stops and shelters
- Platforms and stations
- Smart light poles
Wish to learn more about LuxTurrim5G? Read the project white paper: LuxTurrim5G – Building the Digital Backbone for a Smart City (Heino, Vainio, Salmelin 2020)