Mobile video surveillance in city and nationwide video surveillance systems
Our guide aims to present key insights and practical knowledge on achieving efficient, safe and secure mobile surveillance operations. Furthermore, it provides guidance on seamlessly connecting mobile video sources as well as mobile clients to the main Video Management System.
In the realm of city and nationwide video surveillance systems, there is an ever-increasing demand for seamless integration of mobile video surveillance sources as well as mobile clients. These systems must effectively receive surveillance video from mobile devices deployed in the field, while also transmitting surveillance video to moving patrols.
Our guide gives you recommendations that will help organisations enhance their mobile surveillance capabilities as part of their security operations and infrastructure. The author, Sami Marjoniemi, helps you identify the key steps and decision points leading to a successful system implementation.
Table of contents:
- Mobile video surveillance in city and nationwide video surveillance systems
- Introduction to mobile video sources, clients and storages
- Your use case and needs
- Availability of video from vehicle, bodycams and drones
- User interfaces optimised for different client types
- Decide whether to go to the cloud or not
- Ensure sufficient network capacity and security
- Pros and cons of each video offload method
- Consider who you can trust