Situational awareness system: Purpose and benefits
When talking about situational awareness systems, we are typically interested in critical safety and security situations and how to manage them. Such events affect the total safety and security situation within a city, region or country and engage multiple stakeholders and security authorities. Even under normal circumstances, a situational awareness system is a highly powerful tool for these situations, and its relevance grows tremendously during crises and disturbances. The system saves time and allows more efficient use and control of resources in handling abnormal and emergency situations.
Our white paper introduces the scope and basic elements of a situational awareness system, and some of the most common challenges and key decision points related to system implementation. Our target is to help you evaluate the benefits and usability of the system for your operational environment and needs.
In the paper, you can find answer to the following questions:
- How can a situational awareness system can you increase understanding of what is happening around you?
- How can you utilise the situational awareness system to improve responsiveness and communication?
- What kind of tools does the system provide for making informed decisions and taking action?
- What are the situational awareness system components and integrations?
- What are the most common challenges related to system implementation – and how can you solve them?
In addition, the author, Sami Marjoniemi, walks you through some of the most important decision points for choosing a situational awareness system that is right for your needs.